FTS Manager Laos
Laos Leader’s story
“I received Christ as my personal Savior in 2000. Before my conversion as a Christian I was the second in command-chief of my village. At that stage I abused my authority as leader in selling drugs and was also self addicted to drugs. I had no interest in the Gospel but one day my path crossed that of a pastor who came to evangelize my village and that was the first time that I had ever heard about Christ as God the Savior.
After I had heard about Christ a question suddenly came to my mind, “Does God really exist?” I was struggling with this question and asked myself, “If God really exists, how can I experience Him?” That night I had a dream of an old man coming up to me, saying, “God really exists and I am His witness”. I woke up and kept on praying even though I didn’t know how to pray and then received Christ as my personal Savior. After I’d given my heart to Jesus I became more and more hungry for God and decided to go to Bible school and also to learn the LaHu language.
Right after I had finished Bible school I started evangelizing my own village (50 house holds = 320 people) and leading people to Christ. Currently 75 % of the village have already received Christ and in the meantime I also started to evangelize other villages and to plant churches there.”
- Evangelizing the unreached people;
- Making disciples for Jesus Christ, equipping them to spread the Good News about Jesus Christ as Savior;
- Equipping the leaders to evangelize among our own indigenous people
- Church planting – building the Kingdom of God
- Children’s homes for the homeless, abandoned & poor children of the villages & even HIV/AIDS orphans