“Eph 6:7 Challenge” – Serve as Jesus serves!
Dear Partner in God’s Missions
Recently we were praying during the annual “Madiba-day” (we were all challenged to serve as Madiba serves – for 67 minutes – what a beautiful challenge). While in prayer, God told me to go to the Scriptures and read Eph 6:7. The Spirit of God astonished me again when I read Ephesians 6:7 – “Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men, because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does” (NIV) And God told me to challenge all our FTS Prayer Partners into an “Eph 6:7 Challenge” – to serve as Jesus serves!
Again it was so good to realize that we actually have an even more authentic model in the service rendered by Jesus – the Son of God Himself! “Even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” (Matt 20:28). It is like playing Tennis – you can only win as long as you keep on serving!
Now this is God’s “Eph 6:7 Challenge” to you & me
- You can serve Jesus by praying for 67 minutes – e.g. for 6 x days at 10 minutes per day and then the 7th day for 7 x minutes.
- You can have a look around at this FTS Web page – and see all the different urgent Prayer Requests under any of our Projects – and pray with us each day for only 1 x project. E.g. for the upcoming FTS-RSA Britstown Outreach or the upcoming FTS Indochina Outreach
- Or you may decide to answer your “Eph 6:7 Challenge” by making a much needed special financial contribution of R 67 to our Lord’s FTS Missions in our FTS Bank Account or through our Secure Donate Page on this website. You may even add some 00’s to your R 67 e.g. R 670 etc. We will then utilize your funds to serve for 67 minutes on your behalf in the Missions Fields of our Lord in the RSA or in India, Thailand, Laos, Burma or China.
- I will DV, be conducting FTS Indochina Training during November for our indigenous pastors in Thailand, Burma, Laos & China. Our special Guest Trainer will be Rev Gert Els, from the Dubai Afrikaans Church. This very effective church of RSA Ex-Pats in the UAE became our newest FTS Partner Churches in God’s Missions.
- You may also challenge your local Bible Study Group or Care Group to join you in this special “Eph 6:7 Challenge”
- Let us all, as God’s FTS Missions Partners, join together to “Do something beautiful for God!”
“For God is not unjust so as to overlook your work and the love that you have shown for his name in serving the saints, as you still do.” (Heb 6:10)